Friday, May 15, 2009

New Logo-See Above

If you notice at the top of the page, there's a new logo. Far from putting me into the ranks of guys like Neville Brody and David Carson, it is nonetheless, I think, pretty good. Once again part of an assignment for Media Practices Concepts-it was the product of my first foray into Adobe lllustrator (which, I might add, has a BEAR of a learning curve)-the logo actually uses the typeface that appears in my documentary work-in-progress "Juggernaut" and is a variation on the IBM corporate-logo typeface (IBM is a "corporate citizen' that plays a major, if not always flattering, role in the film). The surfaces are actually composed of a "swatch" that was pulled from one of the historic black and white photos that are used in the documentary.

No comments: